Before you even think about starting to bake, there are lots of things you need to consider….
This is what I recommend:
- Preheat the oven to correct temperature as stated in the recipe
- Make sure you have all the correct ingredients in the house in order for you to be able to make it
- Make sure that you have enough time to make it and get it out of the oven rather than leaving the mixture halfway through because you’ve got to go out.
- Grease and line the tin/put the cases into the cupcake or muffin tin
- As well as having the right ingredients, make sure you have the right equipment to make the cake
- You need to read through the whole recipe, so you are clear about what you need to do
- One last thing – you need to look at the ingredients list and make sure that if it says something in brackets like at room temperature, you have got the ingredients out in time to come up to temperature
Can you think of anything you would like to add to this list?